I pursue research in the field of machine learning and natural language processing. I focus on estimating a concise and effective document representations, while exploiting observed labels and sequential information. I am also interested in collaborative filtering and sparse coding.
I am currently a Ph.D. candidate at Georgia Tech under the supervision of Professor. Guy Lebanon and Professor. Haesun Park. I received bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Seoul National University in 2009 and master's degree in Computer Science at Georgia Tech.
- 05/28/2015: Successfully defended PhD thesis
- 11/09/2014: Both of my papers are accepted in AAAI 2015! Estimating Temporal Dynamics of Human Emotions and Local Context Sparse Coding (details)
- 07/29/2014: Fast Spammer Detection Using Structural Rank now in arXiv (details).
- 04/11/2014: We won WWW 2014 student best paper! (details).
- 12/28/2013: Local Collaborative Ranking was accepted on WWW2014. (details).
- 08/12/2013: Successfully proposed my thesis: Novel Document Representations based on Labels and Sequential Information